1980 Celica GT Liftback
Owner: Al Kolenda
This project car was virtually completed (10) years ago. It was originally WHITE!
Highlights of Modifications:
- 22R/20R hybrid decked, balanced, line bored, lightened bottom end with 93mm Wiseco pistons @11:1 net compression
- DPR ported head with 1mm oversize stainless valves
- .490 inch lift (net) x 310 degree x 7.5 degree overlap custom profile cam advanced 4 degree w/custom high lift rockers
- Dual twin Mikuni 44PPH's (tweaked) match ported Mikuni intake
- Custom ram air system w/ bumper mounted intake
- Doug Thorley tri Y header - 2 1/4" exhaust to Dynomax Turbo muffler (Super Trapp shown in pictures)
- Morroso crankcase scavenger
- Electromotive direct fire programmable ignition
- 100 HP custom port injected nitrous
- Hks alloy flywheel &TRD clutch
- Supra 7.5 live axle w/disc brakes 4.88 gears & TRD LSD
- Stock rally wheels widened to 7" front and 8 1/2" rear
- 235 x 60 M&H Racemaster street slicks with tubes (265x 50SR's shown in pics)
- Cut and machined stock springs for 2" drop
- Custom adjustable control arms
- KYB struts and Koni adjustables in rear
- High durability TRD racing bushings in control arms
- Dual elect fuel pumps & 3/8" fuel line (changed tank pickup to 3/8")
- Lightened to death - front bumper is cover and foam core only - back removed and filled with custom rolled sheet metal pan.
- Battery & bottle in spare tire compartment modified for flat bottom
- Hurst "t" handle redrilled and tapped for stock Toyota shifter
- Fuel pressure gauge in console.
- Custom strut stabilizer from 6061-T6 aircraft alum
There's more, but you get the picture.
- Oh yeah, I think it has a radio in it (Kenwood with 80 watt amp. Inline crossovers with (4) 4 1/2" coaxials and (2) 8' woofers)
Back to Celicas Page